Skip to main content

Topic: AFC North Roundup: Steelers face must-win game in Week 3 vs. Buccaneers  (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

AFC North Roundup: Steelers face must-win game in Week 3 vs. Buccaneers
With Week 3 of the NFL schedule officially in the books Authentic Ben Roethlisberger Jersey , it's time to take a look back at those teams who call the AFC North home to see how they fared, and what the standings look like after this week's action. The first goal for every team in the NFL is to win its division. Doing so guarantees both a playoff spot and a home playoff game, so even these early-season games are important when it comes to the divisional rankings. Let's take a spin around the AFC North to check on the Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers.Week 2 ResultsCincinnati Bengals - 34Baltimore Ravens - 23On Thursday Night Football the Bengals jumped out to a 21-0 lead, and the Ravens were forced to play catch-up the rest of the night. This isn't Joe Flacco's specialty. It was too little, too late http://www.pittsburghsteelersteamstore.com/stephon-tuitt-jersey , for the boys from Baltimore.New Orleans Saints - 21Cleveland Browns - 18The Browns could be 2-0 if they had a kicker. The Browns missed three field goals, including a kick to send the game to overtime. Rather than 2-0, they are 0-1-1 and things are looking bad by the lake.Kansas City Chiefs - 42Pittsburgh Steelers - 37This game was a nightmare. No need to rehash it.Week 3 Schedules:Cleveland Browns vs. New York Jets - Thursday Night FootballCincinnati Bengals at Carolina Panthers - Sunday 1 p.m. ETBaltimore Ravens vs. Denver Broncos - Sunday 1 p.m. ETPittsburgh Steelers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Monday Night FootballAFC North StandingsCincinnati Bengals - 2-0Baltimore Ravens - 1-1Cleveland Browns - 0-1-1Pittsburgh Steelers - 0-1-1Let us know what you think about the divisions after Week 2 in the comment section below. Do you see this being a powerhouse division? Which teams are contenders and which ones are nothing more than pretenders?Friday Night Steelers Six Pack of questions and open thread: Week 3 Bucs Edition Several people have asked if we could bring back the Friday Night Open Thread. I had moved the event to Saturday morning, but after minimal success, I decided to bring it back to Friday night -- with a slight twist.I liked the Saturday Six-Pack theme, so I decided to just take the six questions and move them to Friday night. Say hello to Friday Night Six-Pack of Steelers Questions and open thread!The rules haven't changed...Quick rundown of the ground rules.I'll ask at least four questions strictly related to the Steelers.The rest of the questions could be about anything.Be respectful.Have fun talking about the Black-and-gold.That's it! With that out of the way, it's time to get this party started. Hey Womens Javon Hargrave Jersey , don't act like you've never done a little Friday night drinking. Here goes:1. If you are Randy Fichtner, what does your opening script look like vs. the Bucs? Do you come out up-tempo throwing the ball, focus on establishing the run, or stay balanced?2. We asked this question the other day on our podcast: Do you think the Steelers' "drama" has somehow impacted the team's play on the field? Explain your answer.3. OVER/UNDER Steelers sacks of Ryan Fitzpatrick: 24. If you are Keith Butler, what adjustments are you making to slow down the Buccaneers' high-powered unit?5. What is your stress level heading into the Week 3 game vs. the Buccaneers? 1 - No stressed...we got this. Or 10 - Our pets heads are falling off!!6. Fun questions to end it tonight:Who scores the first Steelers' TD?andWho makes the first Steelers tackle?No matter what, always remember...HERE WE GO STEELERS!PODCASTS